Chef, Television Personality, Co-Restaurant Owner and Author
- James Tanner began his TV career in 2002 on UKTV Food, becoming a regular co-presenter for Great Food Live. This quickly followed with BBC One’s Ready Steady Cook, with 3 million viewers per episode.
- Since then he has appeared on Step up to the Plate, Saturday Kitchen (BBC1), Something for the Weekend, Put Your Menu Where Your Mouth Is, Take on the Takeaway (BBC2), Country House Sunday (ITV), Munch Box (CITV), Winner Winner School Dinner (CBBC), and a regular chef on ITV’s Lorraine. More recently with James Martin Saturday Mornings with James Martin.
- James has been the face of high-profile campaigns for brands such as Bird’s Eye, Blossom Hill, Heinz Soup, Flora, and in October 2015 he became chef ambassador for Coup de Pates UK.
- James and Chris had 16 successful years at ‘Tanners’ when they decided to sell in 2014 to focus on their other business ‘The Kentish Hare’ pub/restaurant in Bidborough, near Tunbridge Wells, Kent which has received several industry accolades and is on the list of top 50 Gastro Pubs UK.
- Alongside running restaurants, James works with prestigious partners and runs pop up restaurants at major events. Since 2017 James’ restaurants at Royal Ascot have served up to 1000 people per day and similar pop ups have seen him at Hampton Court Palace RHS Flower Show. Chef dinners in Singapore and food festivals across the UK, Ireland and South Africa.
- James has written two cookery books, the first, ‘’James Tanner Takes 5”: Delicious Dishes Using just 5 Ingredients and his second book, ‘’Old Favourites, new Twists” – 100 classic recipes with a difference. The other books, ‘For Chocolate Lovers’ and ‘Ice Cream’ were co-written with his brother Chris.